TITLE: ASSISTANT STORE MANAGER
REPORTS TO: STORE MANAGER
The function of the assistant store manager is to support the manager in the daily operations of a store. The assistant store manager ensures store personnel is providing exceptional customer service. This includes answering questions and assisting with product selection, purchases, and returns. Assistant store managers help ensure the store is clean, well organized, and properly merchandised. It is also the assistant’s responsibility to make sure all store policies, procedures, and controls are followed, as well as organizing, and delegating work among staff. The store manager is required to maintain excellent customer service They must have excellent leaderships skills and by able to communicate effectively in order to motivate a team.
Roles/Responsibilities/Scope of Authority
- To make recommendations to the Store Manager regarding the retail sales environment that may impact the Company’s vision and mission
- To assure and enforce the in-store business climate and expectations from all CSR’s by communicating often, clearly and consistently
- Assist Store Manager in developing and managing the group of CSR’s
- Assist Store Manager with Inventory controls (rotation, shrink, cycle counts)
- Assist Store Manager in understanding and remediating results from financial metrics, cash handling, reporting and controls
- Assist Store Manager with operating cost containment
- Customer Service and satisfaction day to day management
- Assist Store Manager with accurate and timely POS system input and reconciliation, when applicable
- Assist Store Manager with facilities management (cleanliness, signage, displays etc)
- Count all supplier products insuring accurate counts and pricing, reporting any discrepancies to HQ
- Reconcile cash handling and cash counts on a daily basis reporting daily to HQ
- Coordinate all required cycle counts and investigate/reconcile any discrepancies and reporting material differences to HQ
- Accurately record waste, supplier returns, etc making necessary adjustments within POS system
- Manage, mentor and coach all members of store team developing new members
- Meet with Store Manager twice weekly, reporting on respective store progress with respect to meeting annual sales and profit goals
- Support Store Manager and act as Company representative at local community events
- Meet physical demands of job including the ability to stand for long periods of time, lift up to 50 lbs and move up to 200 lbs.
A valid driver’s license and reliable transportation is required in order to conduct banking, product transfers and attendance at staff meetings.