Swiss Farms provides a safe, consistent place to work, where you can have fun, learn lifelong job skills and advancement opportunities. Swiss Farms is committed to being an innovative leader in hiring, retaining, and growing today’s workforce. We give our team members more than just a job, it is a life experience that they never forget!
With our 50-year legacy, we enjoy hearing stories about members that have joined the Swiss Farms team because one of their parents or family members worked for us. We truly are a Swiss Farms Family and we value our employees!
Our Store Managers and Sales Associates are what differentiate from other retailers. We provide a unique shopping experience to our customers and service that you can’t get anywhere else. We are always eager to meet the next friendly neighbor to join our Swiss Farms Family. Are you ready to work hard, have fun and jump-start your career? Apply for a job today to learn more about our ten keys to success, not just at work, but in your life!
Current Swiss Farms Career Openings
Reports To: Store Manager
Sales Associates come into contact with customers while selling our products. It is vital that all customers be dealt with promptly, courteously, and in a manner that will enhance the image of the store while developing excellent customer relations. Sales Associates must be friendly, efficient and courteous for our business to grow and be successful.
- Be prompt and courteous to all customers. Serve customers in a manner that will enhance the image and sales of the store. Follow all approved Sales Procedures and Customer Relation policies including handing out sales flyers to each customer and upselling product.
- Present a clean, neat, well-groomed appearance at all times and possess a manner, attitude, and personality that will create an atmosphere of friendliness and good will with customers and co-workers.
- Accurately operate cash register and follow all approved cash handling procedures.
- Maintain store in spotless condition. Perform routine cleaning and maintenance.
- Clean, sanitize, and arrange merchandise in cooler. Pay particular attention to floor, shelves, and cooler doors.
- Keep shelves stocked and product rotated.
- Perform routine and periodic maintenance, as assigned by Store Manager.
- Be physically capable of lifting and handling case-lots (at least 25 lbs )of merchandise and remaining on feet over extended periods of time.
- Work shift assigned by Store Manager. Be prompt and punctual at all times, cognizant of scheduled working hours and capable of working the days and hours as scheduled.
Reports To: Store Manager
The function of the assistant store manager is to support the manager in the daily operations of a store. The assistant store manager ensures store personnel is providing exceptional customer service. This includes answering questions and assisting with product selection, purchases, and returns. Assistant store managers help ensure the store is clean, well organized, and properly merchandised. It is also the assistant’s responsibility to make sure all store policies, procedures, and controls are followed, as well as organizing, and delegating work among staff. The store manager is required to maintain excellent customer service They must have excellent leaderships skills and by able to communicate effectively in order to motivate a team.
Roles/Responsibilities/Scope of Authority
- To make recommendations to the Store Manager regarding the retail sales environment that may impact the Company’s vision and mission
- To assure and enforce the in-store business climate and expectations from all CSR’s by communicating often, clearly and consistently
- Assist Store Manager in developing and managing the group of CSR’s
- Assist Store Manager with Inventory controls (rotation, shrink, cycle counts)
- Assist Store Manager in understanding and remediating results from financial metrics, cash handling, reporting and controls
- Assist Store Manager with operating cost containment
- Customer Service and satisfaction day to day management
- Assist Store Manager with accurate and timely POS system input and reconciliation, when applicable
- Assist Store Manager with facilities management (cleanliness, signage, displays etc)
- Count all supplier products insuring accurate counts and pricing, reporting any discrepancies to HQ
- Reconcile cash handling and cash counts on a daily basis reporting daily to HQ
- Coordinate all required cycle counts and investigate/reconcile any discrepancies and reporting material differences to HQ
- Accurately record waste, supplier returns, etc making necessary adjustments within POS system
- Manage, mentor and coach all members of store team developing new members
- Meet with Store Manager twice weekly, reporting on respective store progress with respect to meeting annual sales and profit goals
- Support Store Manager and act as Company representative at local community events
- Meet physical demands of job including the ability to stand for long periods of time, lift up to 50 lbs and move up to 200 lbs.
A valid driver’s license and reliable transportation is required in order to conduct banking, product transfers and attendance at staff meetings.
Sales Manager Level 1
Sales Manager Level 1
Reports to: District Managers
1. Position purpose / scope
The Sales Manager at level 1 is responsible for managing the day to day operation of one store including the development and growth of people, sales and profits. He/she manages the store in accordance with established company standards, policies and procedures. Optimizes profits by controlling inventory and labor costs. Increases sales by ensuring customer satisfaction and prompt problem resolution. Staffs, trains and develops associates and sales managers level 2 and 3 through orientations, ongoing feedback, establishment of performance expectations and conducting performance reviews.
2. Functions and responsibilities:
Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
3. Knowledge and skill requirements:
4. Physical requirements:
5. Measures of performance:
Swiss Farms is looking for prep cooks to help their growing fresh food program!
- Follow the prep list created by chefs to plan duties
- Label and stock all ingredients on shelves so they can be organized and easily accessible
- Measure ingredients and seasonings to be used in cooking
- Prepare cooking ingredients by washing and chopping vegetables, cutting meat etc.
- Undertake basic cooking duties such as reducing sauces, parboiling food etc.
- Prepare simple dishes such as salads, entrees etc.
- Maintain a clean and orderly kitchen by washing dishes, sanitizing surfaces, taking out trash etc.
- Ensure all food and other items are stored properly
- Comply with nutrition and sanitation guidelines
- Perform other kitchen duties as assigned
- Proven experience as prep cook
- Knowledge of health and safety rules in a kitchen
- Manual dexterity able to operate cutting tools and kitchen utensils
- A team player with good communication skills
- Patient with an ability to stay positive under pressure
- Very good physical condition and endurance
- High school diploma or equivalent is desirable; Training from a culinary school will be an asset
Job Type: Part-time