Justin Vignola, Director of Fresh Food, has put together these two simple, yet delicious breakfast recipes to try this holiday season. All of the ingredients for both recipes can be picked up from any of your local Swiss Farms store locations.
Swiss Sausage Frittata
- 1 package of Swiss sausage links
- ¼ cup mozzarella cheese
- 2 oz Swiss Premium Whole Milk
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 8 whole Swiss Premium Eggs
- Cook sausage in large nonstick skillet over medium heat 4-5 minutes or until hot.
- Beat eggs, cheese, salt and pepper in large bowl with wire whisk. Pour over sausage mixture.
- Cook over medium-high heat 2 minutes, occasionally lifting edge with spatula and tilting skillet to allow uncooked egg to flow underneath. (Do not stir.)
- Reduce heat to medium-low; cover. Cook 14-17 minutes or until eggs are set.
- Top with tomato and onions.
- Cut into eight wedges and serve. Enjoy!
French Toast Batter
- 1 cup Swiss Premium Half & Half
- 3 whole Swiss Premium Eggs
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- ¼ tsp honey (warm in microwave for 20 seconds)
- ¼ tsp kosher or table salt
- Use any style of bread you desire
(I use a French baguette sliced on a bias)
- Whip all of the ingredients together in a medium shallow bowl.
- Heat a griddle pan over medium-low heat.
- Dip a slice of bread in the batter, let it soak for up to a minute, or just a few seconds.
- Fry on the griddle until brown and cooked through, turning once.
- Repeat with remaining bread and batter. Serve with powdered sugar & syrup. Yum.