TITLE: STORE MANAGER
REPORTS TO: VICE PRESIDENT OF OPERATIONS
The store manager oversees the productivity of a store and manages the day-to-day operations of the business. Duties include interacting with other staff members in order to improve productivity. They are also responsible for the hiring and dismissal of store associate as well as establishing good communication between different departments.
Key accountabilities include training and coaching staff and ensuring that store policies are upheld. They are involved in problem solving and the reviewing the operations of the store in order to find solutions to problems and to optimize efficiency. The store manager is required to maintain excellent customer service and to oversee the layout of the store
Suitable applicants will have experience in the retail industry and be capable of working under pressure in a fast-paced environment. They must possess excellent leadership skills and be able to communicate effectively in order to motivate a team.
Roles/Responsibilities/Scope of Authority
- Responsible for meeting annual sales goals, margins and operating costs included in the
Company’s annual budget
- Set the in-store culture for business and expectations from all CSR’s. Communicate often, clearly and consistently to all CSR’s and Assistant Manager
- Hire, train, lead, develop and manage the group of CSR’s who work together, as a team, and are capable of executing the Company’s in store business plan with expertise and efficiency focusing on the following business disciplines:
- Personnel supervision, scheduling, discipline and reviews
- Inventory controls (rotation, shrink, cycle counts)
- Financial metrics, cash handling, reporting and controls
- Customer Service and satisfaction
- Accurate and timely POS system input and reconciliations when applicable
- Facilities management (cleanliness, signage, displays, lighting, etc).
- Limit in-store/in-office activities to the following
- Scheduling CSR’s and store management
- Record inter-store transfers not made through Support Center
- Count in all supplier products insuring accurate counts and pricing
- reporting all discrepancies to Support Center
- Reconcile cash handling /cash counts on a daily basis reporting to Support Center
- Coordinate all required cycle counts and investigate/reconcile any discrepancies reporting all material differences to SC for them to make required adjustments to inventory balances within the POS system
- Accurately record waste, supplier returns, etc , making necessary adjustments within POS system
- Manage, mentor and coach all members of the store team. Develop new members toward management positions (Assistants, Store Managers, etc)
- Act as Company representative in certain local community events.
- Meet physical demands of job including the ability to stand for long periods of time, lift up to 50 lbs and move up to 200 lbs.
- A valid driver’s license and reliable transportation is required in order to conduct banking, product transfers and attendance at staff meetings.
- Managers need to be available in the event of an emergency to cover unforeseen shift openings.
- At least 2 years retail experience