- Head to your local Swiss Farms store with family and friends.
- Have your grocery list ready for our associates to do your shopping for you
- Spend $13 or more and you will receive a free item off of our special Friday the 13th menu. Talk about changing your luck! (offer good only on Jan.13)
- Also, if you download our app, all first-time users will receive a $3 credit, how’s that for some great beginner’s luck! Click here for our step-by-step guide on how to download our app, http://swissfarms.com/appguide/
Things You Should Never Do, Especially on Friday the 13th!
- If you must yawn, always cover your mouth. It’s good manners, and if you don’t – according to superstition – it could lead to illness or even demonic possession.
- On Friday, the 13th, or any other day, you must not cross a knife and a fork on a dinner table. Not only is it improper etiquette but you will invite bad luck because it symbolizes difficult times ahead. Another superstition held that a knife presented as a gift should never be given outright to the recipient but instead either bought or loaned. You should ask for a token payment, perhaps a nickel or penny, lest the knife represent a severing of the bonds of friendship.
- Most people know that breaking a mirror is said to bring seven years’ bad luck, but you may not know that mirrors must also be covered up in the presence of the sick or dying. This is because, by some traditions, the patient may happen to look in the mirror and see Death itself lurking in the reflection. For more things to avoid, check out the full article, http://www.seeker.com/13-things-you-shouldnt-do-on-friday-the-13th-1770459515.html