A great gift this month is the gift of a healthy heart. Along with Valentine’s Day, February marks American Heart Month– a perfect time to commit and make some changes to promote a better lifestyle, which can ultimately lead to a lifetime of happiness and good health.
Sometimes It’s All About the Little Things
Taking proper precautions and making small changes can make a big difference. Your heart sends oxygen, nutrients and vital nutrients to all parts of your body. That’s what your heart does for you – what have you done for ‘it’ lately? Here are a few ways to pay attention to your heart’s well-being this month.
- Be conscious of your eating habits. Try to eat healthier options, cook at home and control your sodium intake. One example, swap out the salt and use fresh herbs or dried spices instead. Try to avoid high sodium foods. Swiss Farms provides fresh, healthy prepared meals, along with “better-for-you” products at all of our store locations. (Ask your associate for more details upon arrival)
- Add exercise to your daily routine. Start by getting up and taking a walk. Adding a 30-minute walk to your day, three times a week is a small, but great step in the right direction.
- Quit smoking. If you are a smoker, quitting can cut your risk of stroke and heart disease drastically. For more information, visit cdc.gov and click the quit smoking tab.
- Change your chocolate choice. Did you know that dark chocolate, when eaten in moderation, is actually good for you? Switch it up, from milk to dark chocolate, and feel better about your snacking.
- Connect with those who make your heart happy. Spending time with family and friends gives you the opportunity to give and receive love, which is very important when keeping a positive attitude and outlook in life.
Raising Awareness by Wearing Your Red
Beating roughly 115,200 times per day, your heart is one hard worker! Across the state and the nation, millions of people will don red attire on Friday, Feb. 3 – National Wear Red Day. Women and men across the country will be wearing red sweaters, red dresses, red ties or red dress pins to show their support of the American Heart Association’s mission to saves lives from the nation’s No. 1 killer. – according to wbiw.com. Don’t forget to wear your red this Friday when you pull up to Swiss Farms to show your support.
Information referenced from cdc.com and wbiw.com
2017 is the year of the Rooster, and particularly for our new mascot, Cruiser! In ancient Chinese culture, roosters represent punctuality, for he wakes people up on time each day. Cruiser wants to wake up our community each morning, whether it be with a signature roast coffee, a delicious house-made breakfast sandwich or with some our fresh breakfast essentials – milk, bread, eggs, sausage links and more! We look forward to serving you each morning.
We are here to make sure you are serving touch-down worthy eats to all of your Super Bowl party guests – whether they are die hard football fans, or there just for the commercials and half time show.
Let’s start with the basics. Swiss Farms has got you covered: Napkins, plates, plastic cups and assorted cutlery are available at all store locations. Keeping in mind that the Super Bowl is a perfect excuse to put those healthy diets aside and indulge – what are you going to put on your plate?
How about a Swiss house-made hoagie? We have an eight-inch turkey and cheese, and eight-inch Italian that is fresh, delicious and easy to cut into pieces to share with friends. Alongside the hoagie, how about some house-made buffalo chicken dip or spinach and artichoke dip with chips, yum!
Looking for a deal?
- Hoagies will be featured two for $10
( Italian & Turkey and Cheese)
- Dips will be featured two for $11
(Buffalo Chicken, Spinach & Artichoke, New Taco!)
- A Casa Strombolis will pair your favorite stromboli with a Swiss gallon of choice for $12
(Buffalo Chicken, Cheese & Sauce, Cheesesteak, Mozzarella & Spinach, Breakfast-style)
(Saturday, February 4, and Sunday, February 5, only)
Big Game Special Dip!
Our chef, Justin Vignola has created a special taco dip for Super Bowl weekend only. Dive into this one pound portion of creamy, cheesy, beefy layered taco dip, topped with shredded lettuce and a fresh pico de gallo.
Head out to your favorite Swiss Farms location to prep for the Big Game February 4 weekend.
You asked, we listened, now we are bringing it to you – and better than ever!
Allow our Swiss Farms family to serve your family. Our new fresh prepared meals are super convenient and easy for the entire family – simply heat, eat and enjoy these new entrees and separate sides.
Chef, Justin Vignola, has created unique recipes that are not only delicious, but healthy and good for you and your children.
“I wanted to prepare unique recipes that use our customer’s favorite Swiss products, to bring something bold and different to the table. I am proud to serve these meals to your family, as well as my own. My daughters absoutely love the chicken fingers paired with the mac and cheese.”
– Justin Vignola, Director of Fresh Food/Product Development for Swiss Farms
- Breaded Chicken Tenders Five, all white meat chicken tenders, served with BBQ sauce
(Also great for the kids)!
- Pulled Pork, Slow roasted pork smothered with our signature Tea Cooler BBQ sauce
- Sausage & Peppers, Botto’s sweet Italian sausage sautéed with chopped garlic, onion and bell peppers
- Bacon Wrapped Meatloaf, house-made meatloaf wrapped with crispy bacon, topped with gravy
- Beef Meatballs w/ Marinara, Six ground beef meatballs,
topped with marinara
- Meat Lasagna, Layers of pasta filled with ricotta and mozzarella, and ground beef marinara
- Honey Mustard Salmon, Atlantic Salmon, baked in a horseradish honey mustard sauce
- Roasted Turkey Breast, All white meat Turkey Breast, topped with gravy
- Chicken Vegetable Lo Mein, Lo Mein noodles, stir fried with vegetables and chicken, in a teriyaki sauce
- Macaroni & Cheese, Made with Swiss Premium Milk, cheddar and mozzarella (Great for the kids)!
- Nachos (spicy) Tortilla Chips paired with nacho cheese, salsa, and pickled jalapenos
- Yukon Mashed Potatoes, perfectly mashed with cream, butter, salt & pepper
- Garlic Green Beans, sautéed with garlic, butter, salt & pepper
- Veggie Egg Rolls (contains nuts & soy) Three, mixed vegetable spring rolls, served with soy & duck sauces
So what are you waiting for?
Head to your local Swiss Farms locations to try any and all of our fresh new meal options.