Swiss Farms is extending its service mindset from its drive thru lanes to the door step of PathWays Pa (www.pathwayspa.org).
On Thursday, June 18 the Swiss Farms team will be working on home improvement projects to beautify the living facilities of homeless mothers and their children. At any given time, more than fifty or more persons reside at the PathWays Pa Center. This day of Community Volunteerism will the first of many events and programs where Swiss Farms will partner with PathWays Pa. This is not a once a year activity, but an ongoing partnership to enhance the lives of families going through a trying time in their lives.
The values of Swiss Farms and PathWays Pa are aligned around keeping families moving forward together. Some of the projects that we will be working on during the day of service include:
- Rebuilding the children’s playground – fun, safe, clean place to play and to be a kid
- Beautifying the entrance of the facility – giving the family home curb appeal and something they can be proud of
- Painting the common dining area – all families eat together every night so we want to make the location warm, inviting, and light
- Building a vegetable garden to promote self-sufficiency and healthy eating
- Cleaning and organizing the library so it becomes a place of reading, learning and wonderment
Visit our Facebook page on Thursday, June 18 to view photos from the volunteer event!